The most widespread global certification system in the field of electrical products is the IECEE-CB or CB system. It is an agreement concerning the recognition of test results according to international IEC standards for the electrical safety of electrical products. It is one of the longest operating systems of mutual recognition of test results in the field of electrical safety of products. Its members are leading certification bodies from 60 countries around the world. This system also takes into account the specific national differences of individual member states.
Tests of these differences for the particular target country can be conducted on request. The CB certificate, along with a test report issued by our institute, is accepted by the testing facilities of all member countries of this system and thus significantly facilitates acquisition of the certificates and marks of foreign testing facilities, as the manufacturer only undergoes the whole testing procedure once.
At present, the CB system covers 19 product categories; EZÚ is involved in the following 13 product categories:
- safety transformers
- appliances for household and commercial use
- electrical medical instruments
- electrical hand tools
- installation material and connection components
- installation protective devices
- cables and conductors
- measurement and laboratory instruments
- switching devices
- switches for appliances and automatic switches
- consumer electronics
- luminaires and their components
- computer and office technology
What does the CB certificate offer?
- cost and time savings if you export goods to member states of the system, and not only to them
- easy acquisition of the national certification marks of system members
- basis for the issue of an EC Declaration of Conformity
The CB Certificate can be obtained in accordance with IEC international standards. The rules of the IECEE system are available on the system’s website.
The current range of standards for which exposes EZÚ CB certificate can be verified on system’s website IECEE
Procedure for obtaining the CB certificate:
on the customer’s side:
1. Ordering product certification within the CB system. Certification can be ordered using our standardized order form, by mail, fax or e-mail. If the order is not sent directly by the product manufacturer, you must send the original of the manufacturer’s consent for the execution of tests for CB certification and authorization for representation by the entity ordering this service from EZÚ.
2. Sending basic technical information about the product:
- technical description
- electric wiring diagrams
- technical drawings
- production type plate
- list of all electric components divided as follows: kind, type, technical characteristics, testing standard used and testing organization
- certificates or records of tests by accredited parties for critical electric components – switches, capacitors, power supply units, transformers etc.
- operation manuals
3. Sending a sample (samples) of the product 4. Sending the manufacturer’s full address 5. Sending a list of countries to which the product will be exported so that the respective national differences can be taken into account during testing – not obligatory, but recommended
on the part of EZÚ:
1. Sending an EZÚ contract for certification containing all particulars (the standards certification will be based on, deadline, price, required documents)
2. Execution of tests after confirmation of the contract and fulfillment of all requirements on the customer’s part
3. Issuing the CB certificate, incl. the test report after their successful completion. These documents are issued in English.