If a company manufactures products that it wants to sell in the Czech Republic or the EC (i.e. to introduce products to the market), it must comply with the provisions of the Act no. 90/2016 Coll. on Technical Requirements for Products. A product may only be introduced to the market if it is safe i.e.:
- Meets the requirements of EC legislation for the properties of the product
- Procedures for the evaluation of the product conformity specified in these regulations have been applied
Only the manufacturer alone (applies to products manufactured and sold in the EU) is responsible for introducing only such products to the market which meet these requirements.
A product, which is introduced to whatever market of any EU state, is simultaneously introduced to the common market of all EU countries. It can be freely supplied / distributed from this member state to other EU states, without technical barriers. Some member states may have set down specific requirements by a regulation, for instance concerning accompanying product documentation.
Construction products, e.g. sockets and cables, are assessed in accordance with a special regulation – the GD no. 163/2002 Coll., and their impact on the fulfillment of the basic requirements for construction is also taken into consideration.
Basic obligations of the manufacturer:
- To prepare technical documentation
- To prepare the Declaration of Conformity
- To attach the CE mark
- To demonstrate conformity of the product with the GD (Government Direction) on request of the supervisory body (technical documentation, information)
- To keep technical documentation for the period of 10 years from the introduction of the product to the market
- To identify the product and the manufacturer
- In case of suspected or confirmed nonconformity, ensures corrective measures or withdrawal from the market