Direct support for these services
To increase product attractiveness, competitiveness on the market and sales support
EZÚ offers the following services for the correct introduction of products to the market:
- Conducting tests of electrical safety and safety of construction products
- Issuing test reports
- Issuing the EZÚ certificate
- Preparation for the EU Declaration of Conformity
- Evaluation of technical documentation
We also offer:
If a company manufactures products that it wants to sell in the Czech Republic or the EU (i.e. introduce products to the market), it must comply with the provisions of Act no. 90/2016 Coll. on Technical Requirements for Products. A product can only be introduced to the market if it is safe and it has the appropriate documentationi.e.:
- Meets the requirements of EU regulations for the properties of the product
- The procedures for the evaluation of conformity specified in these regulations have been applied
Only the manufacturer alone (applies to products manufactured and sold in the EU) is responsible for ensuring that it only introduces such products to the market which meet these requirements.
A product, which is introduced to the market of any EU state, is simultaneously introduced to the common market of all EU countries. It can be freely supplied/distributed from this member state to other EU states without technical barriers. Certain member states may set down specific requirements by regulation, for instance concerning accompanying product documentation.
Construction products, e.g. sockets and cables, are assessed in accordance with a special regulation – the GD no. 163/2002 Coll. and their impact on the fulfillment of the basic requirements for construction is also taken into consideration.
Basic obligations of the manufacturer:
- To prepare technical documentation
- To prepare a Declaration of Conformity
- To attach the CE mark
- To demonstrate conformity of the product with the GD (Government Direction) at the request of the supervisory body (technical documentation, test reports, information)
- To keep technical documentation for the 10 years period from the introduction of the product to the market
- To identify the product and the manufacturer
- In case of suspected or confirmed nonconformity, to ensure corrective measures, or withdrawal of the product from the market
Products are introduced to the market using the system of evaluation of conformity of products in accordance with the Act no. 90/2016 Coll., as amended and related Government Directives:
The Government Directive 118/2016 Coll. defining technical requirements for low-voltage electric equipment.
The Government Directive 117/2016 Coll. on the technical requirements for products in terms of their electromagnetic compatibility The Government Directive 481/2012 Coll. on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electric and electronic equipment Construction products, e.g. sockets and cables, are assessed in accordance with a special regulation – the GD no. 163/2002 Coll. and their impact on the fulfillment of the basic requirements for construction is also taken into consideration.