The EZÚ certificate is awarded by the Electrotechnical Testing Institute to those products that successfully pass a type test in accordance with the relevant technical standards for electrical safety and/or EMC.
It is especially convenient to use the EZÚ Certificate as the basis for a Declaration of Conformity in accordance with the Act no. 90/2016 Coll.(the Government Directive no. 118/2016 Coll.) and related government directives.
With this certificate, the manufacturer or importer has a simplified position in case of checks of compliance with the Act no. 90/2016 Coll. by the Czech Trade Inspection. The validity of the certificate is normally limited to a period of three years
The EZÚ Certificate can be obtained for the following groups of products:
- electrical machinery and tools
- electrical light sources and lights
- electro-chemical power sources
- electrical installation material and instruments
- cables and conductors
- office technology
- medical devices
- measurement technology
- protective, switching and safety instruments
- automatizing instruments
- appliances for household and commercial use
- consumer electronics
What does the EZÚ Certificate offer?
- guarantee of independent verification – increasing trust in relation to business partners
- the manufacturer or importer has the basis for the issue of an EU Declaration of Conformity
- compliance with the requirements of the government directive on the part of the manufacturer or importer is proven by an independent third party
- with this certificate, the manufacturer or importer has a simplified position in case of checks by the Czech Trade Inspection
- EZÚ is also Notified Body no. 1014 for the European Low Voltage Directive – LVD – of particular help to manufacturers and exporters to EC states.