The abbreviation RoHS is understood to mean a restriction on the use of certain hazardous substances in electric and electronic equipment.
The use of the following substances is restricted:
- Lead (Pb)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Hexavalent chromium (Cr-VI)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)
Their use is restricted in the following product categories
- Large and small household appliances
- Information technology and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer electronics
- Lighting equipment
- Electric and electronic tools
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Medical devices
- Monitoring and control devices, including industrial monitoring and control devices
- Vending machines
- Other electrical equipment not belonging to any of the categories under letters a) to i)
Similar productsTests of electrical safetyTests of electromagnetic compatibility - EMCEZÚ Certificate
Why to do tests at EZÚ?
- Guarantee of independent verification – increasing trust in relation to business partners
- Professionalism of our personnel who will explain all the requirements of the Government Directive on RoHS to you.
- Internationally recognized test results – issue of a RoHS certificate
- Possibility of verification of analyses performed by other laboratories (reference analyses and measurements)
- Long-term experience – we will verify your documents proving conformity with RoHS (test reports)
RoHS tests are an integral part of the set of tests necessary to introduce a product to the market / issue of a declaration of conformity / and are required by the Government Directive no. 481/2012 Coll. (Only in Czech) on Restriction of the Use of Some Hazardous Substances in Electric and Electronic Equipment.