Tests of enviromental effects, IP ingress protection
Every electrical device should be subjected to tests of environmental effects in the development stage. These tests show the behavior of products or their individual parts when working under extreme conditions (heat, cold, dampness, combustion) or they simulate the effects of the surrounding environment. Our laboratory equipment allows us to measure the effects of the aging of material in an accelerated process. Over a number of weeks, we are able to simulate the aging of material by a number of years.
Tests of resistance to the effects of the environment
- Climatic tests:
- constant or cyclic moist heat
- solar radiation
- heat – humidity
- frost – heat (shock test)
- ingress protection up to IP 68
- Corrosion tests:
- in a sulfur dioxide atmosphere
- salt mist
- Electrolytic corrosion of electro-insulation materials
- Conservation oils, Vaselines and other substances for the temporary protection of metals
Tests of resistance to heat and combustion
- Tests of plastic and electro-insulating materials – resistance to heat according to: – Martens, Vicat, HDT
- Flammability tests
- needle burner
- flame – vertical and horizontal position of sample
- glowing loop
A separate area are tests of the resistance of ingress protection to contact with dangerous parts and the penetration of foreign solid bodies or the penetration of water.
Products are marked in the IP XX format where: The first digit indicates the level of protection from contact with dangerous parts and the penetration of foreign solid bodies.IP 0X – Unprotected.
IP 1X – The device is protected from the penetration of solid foreign bodies with a diameter of 50 mm or larger and from contact with the back of a hand.
IP 2X – The device is protected from the penetration of solid foreign bodies with a diameter of 12.5 mm or larger and from contact with a finger.
IP 3X – The device is protected from the penetration of solid foreign bodies with a diameter of 2.5 mm or larger and from contact with a tool.
IP 4X – The device is protected from the penetration of solid foreign bodies with a diameter of 1 mm or larger and from contact with a wire.
IP 5X – The device is protected from dust and from contact with a wire.
IP 6X – The device is dust-proof and is protected from contact with a wire.
The second digit indicates the level of protection from penetration of water.
- IP X0 – Unprotected.
- IP X1 – Vertically dripping water.
- IP X2 – Water dripping at an incline of 15o.
- IP X3 – Sprinkling, rain.
- IP X4 – Spraying water.
- IP X5 – Water jet.
- IP X6 – Intensive water jet.
- IP X7 – Temporary immersion.
- IP X8 – Permanent immersion.
Why to do tests at EZÚ?
- Guarantee of independent verification – increasing trust in relation to business partners
- Cost savings for your own testing equipment
- Professionalism of personnel
- Long-term experience
- Internationally recognized test results