Pre-audit according to the eIDAS regulation
The Electrotechnical Testing Institute (EZÚ), as the first accredited body , is offering the pre-audit according to the eIDAS Regulation that is intended for the trust service providers (TSP). They are defined in the eIDAS as natural or legal persons providing one or more trust services. As the trust service is understood the electronic service normally provided for remuneration which consists of:
- the creation, verification, and validation of electronic signatures, electronic seals or electronic time stamps, electronic registered delivery services and certificates related to those services, or
- the creation, verification and validation of certificates for website authentication; or
- the preservation of electronic signatures, seals or certificates related to those services.
The trust service providers must, since 1 of July 2016, comply with all relevant requirements of the REGULATION (EU) No 910/2014 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL, on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC (eIDAS Regulation). The Pre-audit according to the eIDAS Regulation is recommended especially to those trust service providers, who intend to become or remain the qualified trust service providers (QTSP).
The aim of our offered pre-audit is the evaluation of preparedness to the eIDAS Regulation, especially by conformity assessment according to the individual requirements of the eIDAS Regulation that are relevant for the particular organisation. Within the frame of the pre-audit, both strengths and weaknesses that require increased attention are identified.
The pre-audit report is output; this report maps the actual situation and suggests improvement. It helps not only in optimising of the implementation, but also in the following certification.
The full scope of our accreditation for eIDAS includes qualified trust service certification for the following:
- issuing of qualified certificates for electronic signatures
- issuing of qualified certificates for electronic seals
- issuing of qualified certificates for website authentication
- issuing of qualified electronic time stamps
- validation of qualified electronic signatures and/or qualified electronic seals
- preservation of qualified electronic signatures and/or qualified electronic seals
Why eIDAS Certification
eIDAS provides a “standardized platform”, which meets the security criteria of a secure electronic communication between civics, enterprises and public authorities.
Thanks to the standardization, the eIDAS also guarantees fully compatible Services on the EU internal market, without any differences.