TThe abbreviation RoHS is understood to mean a restriction on the use of certain hazardous substances in electric and electronic equipment.
The use of the following substances is restricted:
- Lead (Pb)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Hexavalent chromium (Cr-VI)
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)
Their use is restricted in the following product categories
- Large and small household appliances
- Information technology and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer electronics
- Lighting equipment
- Electric and electronic tools
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Medical devices
- Monitoring and control devices, including industrial monitoring and control devices
- Vending machines
- Other electrical equipment not belonging to any of the categories under letters a) to i)
The Electrotechnical Testing Institute helps manufacturers, importers, distributors and their authorized representatives comply with the compulsory evaluation of conformity with the Government Directive no. 481/2012 Coll. for electric and electronic devices and offers tests and certification of products, their components and materials.Manual for the Government Directive no. 481/2012 Coll. prepared by EZÚ for the Czech Ministry of Industry and Trade
Why to do tests at EZÚ?
- Guarantee of independent verification – increasing trust in relation to business partners
- Professionalism of our personnel who will explain all the requirements of the Government Directive on RoHS to you.
- Internationally recognized test results – issue of a RoHS certificate
- Possibility of verification of analyses performed by other laboratories (reference analyses and measurements)
- Long-term experience – we will verify your documents proving conformity with RoHS (test reports)
RoHS tests are an integral part of the set of tests necessary to introduce a product to the market / issue of a declaration of conformity / and are required by the Government Directive no. 481/2012 Coll. on Restriction of the Use of Some Hazardous Substances in Electric and Electronic Equipment.